Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is the best strategy for warcraft 3 ROC that you know?

Bears + dryads for nelfs with demon hunter(have evasion at any cost - makes him a good tank).





Grunts + raiders(taurens might be a good idea but need good backing up with casters) may be with a little air go blade or seer :)





Dk Lich and may be cryptlord with fiends and statues for ud. you can even try dreadlord and ghouls with statues.





Go archmage + mountain king for humans with spell casters(slow and heal) and get proper ground may be rifles and make sure your ranged dont get picked easily with ur summon and may be little footies or knights. you can even try paladin third against undead.





above all creep well, don't lose units creeping and scout well.. oh yea micro :P xDWhat is the best strategy for warcraft 3 ROC that you know?
It worked with all races prety well, but only if you're going on the offense:





I would keep my heros together, grouped with a variety of fighters (hand-to-hand and short-range). This would be a fair-balanced group too, including units that I could actually use the abilities of quickly without worrying about what might happen to my own units. That means that I'd only have one magic user, but two healers (NOT repairers - they usually die too quickly) and both healers would be set to automatically heal.





A second group would be comprised of long-range machines (catapults, corpse wagons, etc.) and they'd move with my main battle group. Approaching the enemy, I would use magic to create some kind of distraction unit (water elemental, for example) that is expendable without compromising my unit count. They would be sent first, drawing the enemy into neat little groups where they would beat the crap out of my expendible unit, but conveniently not moving. My long range group would then attack from a distance, doing considerable damage, with my main battle group between the enemy and the long-range machines to protect them, as well as to cast whatever spells/abilities that could help.





Doing that, losses are minimal and easy to reinforce. You're also best prepared for almost anything that can be thrown at you, just as long as you don't leave one of your two groups unattended. I also try to upgrade EVERYTHING I could need before I even bother attacking. This requires a good base defence, but that's a different story altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
worms